Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I decided to surround myself with non-toxic people a while back. AND...

... Its helping so much!!!
I posted this to my personal Facebook status and thought I'd share it here:

Everyone should know that I know some very amazing people. There are activists, fire dancers, leather workers, glass blowers, yarn spinners, painters of faces, portraits and houses, children's artists, gardeners, animal lovers, fantastic cooks/chefs, jewelry designers, those who work with all kinds of textiles, musicians and so many more. 
I have a full and vibrant box of crayons to choose from every day!
I didn't want to have hateful, toxic, draining people around me anymore than I could possibly help. I was becoming closed off and more like them every day. 
I want to be creative, so I sought out creative people. 
I got tired of feeling anger and hurt because someone said or did something racist, sexist, hurtful or just mean, so I purged those people from my life.  Some still make their way in, but don't stay long.
My bouts with depression kept growing and I got sick of feeling that way simply because of the people I was interacting with.
I want to thank all of my beautiful, colorful, sometimes silly friends I've been making. 
You are all the 'brightest crayon in the box.'
I love you!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment