Friday, July 22, 2011

One more week until Summer Fest in Myrtle Creek!!

My favorite fest of the year is next week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

We are starting the last minute prep that always goes along with it, later on today. (Friday)
Some items sold this last week and on the 9th and we simply wont have the time to replace them before fest gets here. That kind of bums me out, but such is life.

Jeremy (my husband) has been working his behind off at work and at home trying to get the non-dye items ready. He's so talented, but sometimes I forget that he isn't a machine. He is very "production oriented" and as such slams out things in record time, some of which I can't even begin to do. I am spoiled that way. He takes on these projects to help me with things to sell in our booth and he just goes and goes. For instance, with the dying, he had to dye the dresses and sweatshirts for me, because my hands aren't big enough to manipulate the fabric for the design or to squeeze the water out in the rinse that happens before they get washed. He learned to tie dye so quickly and came up with these fantastic designs. Then last year, we had one month to get about 400 pieces dyed and he slammed them out in three and a half weekends. He was so busy doing it all, that this year I need a refresher course in dye mixing. I didn't set out to take advantage of him. I am just so much slower at the dying. I take 15 minutes to dye and wrap one shirt. He takes 4. I can't compete with that, so I just stepped back and concentrated on the marketing aspect of it. He has been working, crocheting and helping out around the house, non-stop for weeks.
I know he feels taken advantage of and under-appreciated right now. I really thought that you should all know what a great asset he is.

So, today is my official "Thank Jeremy for all of the endless work" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment