Thursday, April 28, 2016

I'm still here...

Since my last post in the summer of 2012, we have moved twice and have gained and lost family members and jobs. Life has been interesting to say the least.
That was also the last summer we did a festival.
We moved into an apartment the day after Thanksgiving and had to use a laundromat. Then almost a year later, we moved into a house, where we had a lot of work to do and with my husband's job demands, very little time to do anything.
In 2014, I went back to school to finish my Associates Degree and in June of 2015 my husband lost his job of 13 years.
I finished my degree in March. I'm debating on "walking" for graduation in June. It all comes down to if I have another job and how much its going to cost if I "walk."
I am working as a Substitute Instructional Assistant, which is part time and largely on-call. As of June 8th, I wont have that job for the summer.
My husband is still looking for work. We have learned the hard way that with his various medications and medical issues, some things just can't be done. For instance, he can't work in the sun or in the heat.
In the mean time, we purchased Umpqua Kettle Corn in October with part of his 401k, hoping that it would be profitable enough to fill the gaps. So far, we have run into more road blocks than we ever did with the tie dye. Full on business license, Domestic Kitchen approval by the USDA and $6000 in purchase cost, various application fees and start-up product later, we have yet to turn a profit.
Then, in March, I got two event "invites." I say "invites" because they say they desperately need us, but we have to pay a fee to get in. I also have yet to find out what it would cost us for the third venue we were requested by when we got our business license approved. So far, I haven't been able to confirm any of them, as we don't have the entry fee money.
Trying to roll with the punches at this point. 
I still have a bunch of tie dye left from before, carefully kept and preserved. If anyone wants some, please message me and I'll check my stock to see if we have your size etc.
I thought you were due an update, since it has been SO LONG since I posted here. I think Ill try to get some pictures done of the tie dye in stock and post them on here soon. PayPal is always available for payment and if you are local, I have a card slider now too.
TTFN.


No comments:

Post a Comment